LE REGENT CRANS-MONTANA COLLEGE
BURSARIES AND SCHOLARSHIPS 2019/20
Le Régent College will have a few partial bursaries available in September 2019 for students entering Year 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. (Grades 6-11). Bursaries will be means-tested and will normally be between 30% and 50% of the fees. Bursaries are only available to strong academic students who will make a positive contribution to the school.
We are also offering one or two full scholarships to students applying to join Year 12 (Grade 11) to start the IB Diploma. This is a 2-year programme and scholarship candidates must be able to prove that they are top level academic students with a variety of talents and abilities that will add to and strengthen the school’s reputation*.
Successful candidates would have to offer the following 4 requirements:
- Top academic ability with a proven track record of academic
- An exemplary record of discipline, behaviour and motivation
- An additional proven ability on top of their academic achievements
such as sporting skills, musical talent, artistic gifts, a history of
humanitarian work etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Le Régent College application form
- Le Régent College medical form signed by the doctor
- Copies of the school reports for the past 2 years
- A minimum of 3 letters of recommendation from the candidate’s
- A motivation letter by the candidate explaining who they are, why
they are applying to the school, and why they feel they might be
considered a suitable recipient of an award.
- Any supporting information that confirms abilities or achievements
- Detailed explanation of the parents’ financial position.
Ideal Time Frame:
By 31st December 2018: Applications should be submitted.
By 31st January 2019: Entry tests will be required (either at Le Régent College or at the candidate’s current school).
By 28th February: An interview will take place with the Headmaster. Normally this will be held at Le Régent College but in exceptional circumstances a SKYPE interview may be acceptable.
By 31st March 2019: Decisions will hopefully be taken.
Items not covered by the scholarship:
- Travel to and from the school (minimum 3 times per year)
- Pocket money
- School uniform (currently costing CHF 2,500)
- Health insurance (currently between CHF 2,500 and 3,000).
*Students applying for IB full scholarships in Year 12 (Grade 11) should
ONLY apply if they can prove that they are truly outstanding students
who are likely to obtain very high IB scores and gain entry to one of the
world’s leading universities.